Anzeige

Thema: IChO 2004
Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 15.06.2004, 10:36   #290   Druckbare Version zeigen
Curie weiblich 
Moderatorin
AW: IChO 2004

Hi,

I'm not participating but I will be an assistant at the IChO.
I read about the cultural shock in the PP's...And I wouldn't say that everything there is true for me :-p:

- " They get up early – and go to bed early." - I get up late and go to bed late...Of course this is different when you have to get up early to go to work..so it will be in the IChO, of course..

- " Germans absolutely love mineral water." - I don't.

- " They would never visit other people’s home without an invitation." - Really? Mhm...i should think of that next time when i decide to visit some of my friends spontaneously, though they have never complained yet. Maybe old People would...

- " Few people use credit cards for shopping." - I use almost always a card...(Debitcard, since I don't have a credit card)

- " Weekends are totally dead." - Hahahaha...nope. They are olny dead for people who stay at home ...There is always a posibility to have a party

- " German families go for long walks on Sundays." - Hm...

- " Germans don’t waste time on polite phrases – they say what they mean." - Hm, I think Germans can be hypocrites the same way as other people can be too...

I think that is written in a funny way. Not everything is 100% true.
But there will be in the IChO of course some rules everybody will have to stick to (concearning sleeping, eating, party and so on)...but I don't think that that should be a problem for you...rules are nessesary if you don't want a chaos :-p

Another question, where do you come from, ximik?

Anzeige